Rest and Relaxation: November at a Glance


November was the chillest month, and I am so thankful for it. 


Compared to my crazy Disney-filled October, nothing happened in November. We had our first big snowfall of the year but it melted by the end of the day. Since then, it's been about 50-60 degrees (F) so that's cool I guess? I had a lovely Thanksgiving with lots of family and driving. My holidays are always made up of me driving to see the different sides of my family which is exhausting but fun. I got to see my grandma, I think I mentioned earlier that she suffered a stroke but she's recovering really well! She refuses to accept that things are different now so she works herself too hard, but that's not surprising. This is the same woman who made over 10 pies for Thanksgiving last year.  

November is a busy month only in terms of birthdays. It's my birth father's birthday, my grandma's birthday, and my mom's birthday. My mom had a post-oral cancer procedure to open her throat a bit more so she celebrated by having her first taco in over a year. She was super happy about that, I can't imagine having your throat closed up so tight that you choke on lettuce. 

And lastly, Matt and I put up the Christmas tree and started decorating for Christmas! I have a hard rule of no Christmas before Thanksgiving, so I was happy to finally bust out all of our stuff. 



November brought the second year of Du Livre co-hosting Black Friday Readathon! I didn't feel very successful but I knocked three books off my TBR so I guess I didn't do too shabby! Overall, I had a really good blogging month. I finished most of my 2017 ARCs but my library pile of books is embarrassing. I think I have 6 books that I still need to read. I was hoping to read all of those books in December, but those January 2018 ARCs are sneaking up now too. 



My original goal was to read 11 books for the month of November and I kicked that goal's ass! I read a grand total of 13 books! My favorite read was The City of Brass (4.5 stars) and my least favorite read was The Devils You Know (1 star).  

I feel pretty good about December. It's a pretty chill month because it's the holiday season and everyone seems to have Christmas/the holidays on their mind. I just need to read 13 more books to meet my GR challenge so that will be my major focus while trying to read some of my library books and getting a head-start on the 208 January ARCs. I bought my 2018 Bullet Journal so I'm planning away for 2018 as well!


What was your November like? 
How many books did you read? Have you read any that I read in November? 
What are your plans for 2018?

Labels: ,